A09 — Parallel Universes
One-Day Class, Sunday, July 26
Playing with border designs, drawing, and weaving marks will move us into dancing with contrasting broad edge and monoline writing. And then, how about some typefaces that lend themselves to these pens?
In the afternoon will learn a different tune as we move from monoline writing in irregular lines to decorated caps and dancing words.
- At least two Parallel pens (esp. 3.8 & 6.0 mm) and their color cartridges: ones you already own (These pens will be available for loan during class if you don’t have one. If your Parallel pens are empty, bring them to class empty. Pens with problems welcomed.)
- 5 sheets of grid paper
- 10 – 15 sheets of any practice paper, 11″ x 14″ or larger
- The Parallel Pen Wizardry book if you have one
- Moon Palace sumi or KY sumi ink
- A tube of gouache or watercolor (any color)
- Mixing pan & brush
- Water container
- Eyedropper or pipette
- 2 – 3 paper towels and glass cleaner if handy; we will share.
- Acrylic ink if you already have some
- Black glaze pen, any brand
- Colored pencils, including metallic (not water soluble)
- Pencil sharpener
- Black Strathmore Art Again paper: 6 sheets from a 9″ x 12″ or 11″x 14″ pad
- Optional: Sakura flat-sided Cray-Pas Specialist oil pastels; Sakura clear stardust pen