A47 — Calligraphic Collage Journal
One-Day Class, Sunday, July 26
Book Arts, Design, Lettering, Painting
The large decorated sheet of paper will be cut down to make the base for the book pages and sewn together with a simple pamphlet stitch. The pages of the journal will then be finished with small creativity collages.
Each student will receive a set of instructive handouts for the various techniques that are covered in this class.
- Paint brush: 1″ that is good for acrylics (I recommend the Golden Taklon brushes)
- Water container 16 to 32 oz size; plastic
- Metal ruler
- Cutting mat that is at least 16” one way
- X-acto knife with extra sharp blades
- 1 sheet 22″ x 30″ cold press 140 lb watercolor paper (must be full sheet, do not cut)
- 8 oz white gesso
- Sumi ink
- Walnut ink
- Hair dryer, if available
- Small piece (approximately 11″ x 14″) of Arches cover black or Strathmore Artagrain black paper
- Faber Castell extra fine point Pitt pen
Supply fee: $10 for:
- Fluid acrylics
- Deli paper and collage elements
- Various acrylic mediums
- Simple book-stitching materials
- Closure elements
And because she loves showing people all of the cool things she has experienced, she started teaching about 30 years ago. And now, Jacqueline is even more qualified because she just became a Golden Certified Artist Educator. People from art centers, guilds, colleges, and trade shows all over the country have hired her to come and show them her methods and her “new rules.” Jacqueline is an experimenter, a lover of paper and color and texture. She is an artist, a maker, and a teacher and life is good!