A24 — Very Free Versals
One-Day Class, Sunday, July 26
These very free versals are just that. Based on traditional versal forms, these variations create a larger space that can have color and design added for visual impact. The joy of these letterforms is there is room for students to experiment with structure but still focus on creating good design.
- Pencils: HB, 2H, 4H
- Pencil sharpener
- White Mars Staedtler eraser, or other equivalent brand
- Practice or layout pad
- Small brushes for detail work on versals
- Waterproof, fine liner: Mars Staedtler Pigment Liner, or other fine waterproof black pen (not Sharpies)
- Pigma Micron 01 or Faber Castell Pitt Artist pen, XF or F.
- A few small pieces of your favorite waterolor paper. I like Arches 140 lb hot press, but if you like texture then cold press works
- Optional: Gel pens, Zig Painty Gold and Silver pens (double-ended), colored pencils (bring if you have them. I will bring some to share)
Connie Furgason has been teaching calligraphy and the related arts since 1981 and has been on the faculty of several international conferences. Currently she teaches both locally and across Canada and the U.S. She loves the absolute joy that doing art can bring. Connie especially loves experiencing what students pull out of themselves during a class she is privileged to teach.